Monday, May 26, 2008

Finally!

I am finally starting a blog...can you believe it?!?!?!  A few friends have suggested that I do it but I've just put it off for soooo long.  I am excited to start now for two reasons...1. I am moving to Nashville in a few weeks and it will be a really good way for everyone to keep up with what I am doing.  2.  I'll be going overseas a few times in the next couple of months and will be able to show all of you what I am experiencing and doing when I can't talk to you on the phone, And 3.  I'm starting a book called "So You Want To Be Like Christ?" by Swindoll which is mainly about discipline.  Which is a topic that we can all shed some light on...and I would love to discuss it with all my friends.  Of course, I would love to be disciplined in every area of my life but I am better at setting smaller goals in order to reach a larger one than I am at just going for it!  So...what I am tackling first...two things.  1. my physical body...I will go more into that later on and 2. my relationship with Christ...which is why this book is so great right now.  I've had the book for a while but never read it.  Kirk told us about it a year ago...he reads it over and over.  Which is what I am going to have to do with it.  It's funny how quickly we forget.  I have an adopted theory on that...I'll share it later but basically it goes like this.  If the seed is planted but not cultivated (meditated on) the enemy can come in and steal it...the deeper the root the harder it is to steal.  Why do you think we forget by Monday morning what the sermon was about on Sunday?!?!?!  Surely we aren't that forgetful.  It would make sense that something else is at work...wouldn't it???  So, I will have to keep this book with me until it's so deeply rooted that nothing can snatch it from my mind...so well hidden in my heart that only me and my Father know where to find it.  

That is WAY more than I planned to write in my first post but whatever!  I think this will be fun!  I LOVE reading my friends blogs...I try to visit them everyday.  It's a great way to keep up with each other.  So, I hope you enjoy mine like I do yours!  And although I'm a little behind in starting this blog...well into my ninth year with Kirk...I'll try to eventually get the whole story up...pics and all!  I'm going to try and post about some of my Uganda trip tonight or tomorrow.   I only have two days before I leave for Brazil but I'll do my best!  

2 comments:

Michawn said...

AWESOME!! So very glad you are doing this. So excited to read your posts and see your pictures. Love you woman.

Marc and Charity said...

HEY! yeah for you starting a blog!!! I admire your honesty about weight- I need to lose too! ugh. maybe we were just too skinny back in college :)