Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Vander Eli Guilbert

Ummmm....Yes!  He is smiling in this picture.  It's not gas.  I've never seen a baby smile this little.  He loves to be sung to and talked to.  I HATE seeing these tubes!  But he was supposed to get his IV out today and the results to clear him of infection.  I couldn't get in touch with Heith or Jess so we'll have to wait for that news.  I have a feeling they are exhausted and hopefully sleeping good tonight.  Coming home tomorrow will be fun and they'll get to see Harper's reaction to the new baby.  They are staying in a "rooming in room" tonight so Jessica can nurse him and not have to get up and go to the nicu to feed him...I know she's loving every minute of that!!  
Sweet sweet baby!!!  This is the first picture that I've seen that has reminded me of Heith's baby pictures.
This one is my favorite!!!  Look at the chubby little cheek.  
Look at how he's looking at my mom...his Lollie....so precious!!!!
ROCK ON!!!!  Hope you liked the pics!!!  

3 comments:

Michawn said...

all of ours have smiled within the first few hours...so fun, isn't it? he's just beautiful! and have i told you...i'm totally stealing your mom's name when my kids have babies. Lollie it is...and Pop for Joel (no, he doesn't have a choice :) ). Love it.

hannah said...

he is so pretty ashley!

Holly said...

What a cute baby! :)