Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Europe...

Well...it's the middle of the night and I am supposed to be packing for my trip to Europe.  Before you get all excited for me and wish you were going with me, I should mention that this is not a "fun" trip.  It's a work trip in every sense of the word.  We have 7 shows in 9 days...6 different countries.  Hard trip for us but it will be super fun.  I might come back and hibernate for 2 days just to catch up on rest but we will make the most of it!  On two occasions we will ride a bus to the next city...this will be the extent of our sightseeing this go round because of time.  But, I am going to several cities that I've never been before so I'm excited about that...even though I may only get to see the hotel and the venue, I will still be able to say that I've been there!  I am so thankful for my life and I feel so blessed that God has called me to do this...especially since I get to sing about Him!!  I will be leaving tomorrow (technically today) and coming back on the 12th.  I will try to post while I'm gone but have no idea what internet situation will be in any of the hotels I'm in and I refuse to pay a million dollars for one day of internet access.  However, some hotels offer free internet from time to time and I am hoping that at least one of them will be one of the some.  Anyway, back to my trip.  I am in the process of packing.  I stopped because I got frustrated and this is why.  When traveling within Europe they only allow one carry on bag and one checked bag that can only weigh 44 pounds...very random...but I don't want to spend every dime I make over there on luggage fees.  So, I'm trying to accomplish this task.  Anyone who knows me well or has ever traveled with me knows that I am not a light packer.  I pack the "just in case" stuff.  I feel panicky if I don't have extra.  Well, the plan is to pack 3 outfits for stage and 3 outfits for everyday and just switch it up.  I went to Dillard's the other day and they had their Adidas sweatsuits on sale for 50 percent off.  They are light weight and I can put a fresh t-shirt on under them each day.  I still think that's gross, to wear the same things for several days in a row.  But, I have no choice.  Now I'm getting stressed and feel the beginnings of a headache coming on.  I should get back to the packing...I have to go funnel hair products into tiny bottles so they don't take up precious poundage in my bag!  Then hopefully, I can at least get a few hours sleep before my ride gets here bright and early!   

4 comments:

Kecia said...

Hi! Your blog has catch my atetion.I was deeply moved by the history of your nephew! Touched my heart. You have a new friend missy!!! From Brazil!
I am praying for u an ur family!

Kecia said...

Hy it's me again... I've maid a blog...LOL!!And i don't know anyone who also has a blog... That's why i am asking if u could jump there and leave a comment! THANKS!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope and pray all is going well. Be blessed.

wahlau said...

saw you at hannover on the 6th September, and i must say many of us from our group were blessed by what took place there at that night.

take care and hope the rest of the concerts will continue to minister to others. God bless.