Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tuesdays

I love Tuesdays!  It's a highlight of my week.  It's the night I go to church.  It's called Kairos...it means "a unique moment in time".  I just love it.  Pastor Mike is awesome.  He does something that I have never before been a part of.  It's usually before the message but sometimes he does it at the end.  He has us close our eyes and then leads us through a process.  It's never the same process but it's purpose is always the same.  He tells us to clear out all the clutter of the day...all the stress...all the to do's...everything that crowds our minds and keeps us from focusing on Jesus.  The first time I went and he did that I cried the whole time.  I realized how cluttered my mind is and how it leaves no room to think about the Lord.  It just sets up a time with you and God that is so precious.  I love it...did I mention that?!?!?!  :-)

Anyway...every now and then I help lead praise and worship.  It's great!   After kairos a few of us go to Stoney River to eat dinner.  We have the same waitress...Laura...every Tuesday.  She has our drinks memorized and brings them out without even asking.  We have a blast just enjoying each others company and laughing at each others stories.  I ate a salad last night and I am convinced that I burned up all the calories in it just laughing until midnight.  We stay well after closing...they don't get mad or try to get us to leave...they just let us stay.  Then we spend another 30 minutes in the parking lot laughing some more.  It's a great time.

I realize every time that I leave and head home how important fellowship and friendship is to me.  I also realize how much I isolate myself.  I leave with a healthy deposit in my "tank" and I feel so much better.  I also love it because my life is not very structured.  It creates a sense of normalcy in my life and I crave that.  I LOVE what I do...wouldn't trade it for the world but I sometimes don't know what to do with myself if I'm not doing music.  I don't think that's good.  At least, not for me.  So, I am so grateful to the Lord for giving me the very things that I need and I know He wants for me so early on here in Nashville.  I have some great friends who have adopted me into their lives and love me without even knowing me all that well yet.  I am so blessed to have them in my life and pray that God continues to bring people into my life like them.  

I'm going to start a new post that will probably be in parts tomorrow.  I am going to share the story of my first nephew...Garrison...with all of you.  Many already know his story but I told it to my brother's new pastor's wife the other day and decided that I don't talk about him enough.  What better way to do that than here.  I hope that you are blessed by his short seven weeks on this earth and that this little warrior will strengthen your faith as he has mine and countless others.  

Until then...

1 comment:

Marc and Charity said...

Glad you are back to bloggin! :) Your Tuesdays sound like tons of fun!

Hope you are doing well.