Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Almost home...

I'm sitting here in a recliner at my friend Misty's house...trying to work up the desire to drive the distance from Dallas...well, Irving...to Texarkana.  It's dreadful...I don't want to drive it...I'm tired and sleepy...weary from spending the night on an airplane that was very uncomfortable.  But the desire to get to what is waiting on the other end of the drive is what makes me want to do it.  I know it seems like...what's the big deal dummy just get in the car and drive...but there's more to it.  Before I get on the road to make the drive I have several errands to run...take back the horrible pantsuit that I didn't have to wear...thank goodness...you know the one...I posted about it.  I also want to get my sister's bday gifts here because I know that I can get them something really great here that I wouldn't be able to get them in Ttown...shopping sucks in Ttown.  So that's gonna get me on the road kind of late.  Another factor...TRAFFIC...booooooo...I hate traffic in Dallas!  Hate it!!!!!  Another thing...I'm sleepy and don't want to get to a point in the trip that I'm too sleepy to drive...you know how it is.  You have to pull over and sleep and run the risk of a "crazy" coming along and messing with you or whatever the horror stories are...I'm not one to think of those things right away...I'm more of a non-worrier type...but still...it just stinks to have to do that.  Oh and I almost forgot about having to go to the Mac store to get a new battery for my computer because the converter in Africa completely killed mine...this is the second time this has happened...hopefully they won't charge me for this one either.  So....you see my dilemma?????

Anyway...I'm working on seeing God or lessons He could teach me in everything I do or experience...so here's what I came up with sitting in this recliner.  I WANT to get home but I don't want to do what it takes to get there.  This is an amazing thing to me...it could be "just for me" as they say and you may not even relate...who knows...but for me...this is what I do.  I WANT things but don't want to work for them...do what it takes to achieve them...step out on faith and believe for them.  I just sit here and procrastinate and miss out on the "good things"...the rewards at the end.  At the end of my drive today I will have a family waiting on me that is excited about my arrival...a niece that I can't wait to see smile at me after being gone for two weeks straight...I brother who I can play guitar hero with...the warmth of a familiar bed to get a good nights rest in...a sister who's baby bump is probably going to be way bigger than the last time I saw her because she's growing my healthy little nephew in there...a really good friend that almost died giving birth to her third child that I want to tell how much she means to me because I don't know what I would've done if she had not made it!  But...the journey...because I am weary and tired...seems like it will take forever.  We do this with God all the time...put him off because the road seems to be too long and dreadful to actually brave it for what waits for us on the other side.  Same goes for weight loss...don't want to walk...or run...the road I have to to get where I want and need to be.   Oh but if we would just brave the road ahead...what sweet things must be there waiting on us?!?!?!   Won't it be so worth it????  I'm starting to feel whatever is disconnected inside of me connect...not there yet but He's doin somethin...

My point...I am learning...I am sitting in silence and letting the Lord reveal to me the things He wishes....I am listening.  I am getting it...just a small part but I'm getting it.  Doesn't it feel good to see growth...to see the places you are failing or falling behind and God is so gracious enough to show you in really crazy ways...with really crazy analogies...who He is shaping you to be.  I love it...I love Him!

I'll share some with you this week about my trip...Gotta prepare for this road ahead!!!!  

If you haven't yet...read "So You Want To Be Like Christ" by Charles Swindoll....AMAZING book!

1 comment:

Marc and Charity said...

Hey, hope you made it home safely! I know your family is excited to see you!!! Thanks for sharing what you are learning, it's encouraging to me and I need to learn all of this too!