Monday, June 23, 2008

Update on Breanne

I just talked to my daddy and he updated me on what's going on with Bre.  She is now dilated to 4cm and they are trying to slow her labor.  At 4cm they no long take the steps to stop labor all together...they just prolong it as much as possible.  The Dr. said that it would be great if she could wait until tomorrow night to have him but said we will probably see him tonight.  Bre is doing good...she's not stressed at all and is just trying to get comfortable.  She's having contractions about 4 minutes apart...not too strong but still...never had a contraction before but I hear they are no joke!  The Dr. also said that Gage should be fine.  There is very little chance that he will have to be transported to Little Rock and that worst case scenario is that he will need some help breathing.  But he could come out and be totally fine without any need for  oxygen or anything at all.  THAT is what we're praying for.  I know that the Lord has his tiny little lungs and his tiny little body in his great big hands.  I am dealing with not being there okay...don't know what will happen when I actually miss everything but for now...I've got it together.  ;-)

that's all I know but I'll keep updating the blog.  

1 comment:

Michawn said...

Oh, so hard to not be there!! That makes me sad for you. But, I know that God who has called you to be doing the things that take you away from them at this time will be with you and cheer you up in some fun way even thought you aren't able to be there. I'm excited to see how He goes about doing that. I'm praying that He gives you an extra special something to make it easier. Love you.

Oh, and I thought his name was going to be Grayer. I must have dreamed that up. Praying for Bre and Gage...and the whole fam.