Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Shack

You know...I love my job but I hate the airport somedays!  I hate to start out my post like that but that's what I feel right at this very moment and so it's just what came out first.  Sorry...

Now...on to what I wanted to write about.  

I read a book straight through.  Well, almost...not in one day but over the course of a few days.  I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!  It's called The Shack...by William P. Young.  AMAZING!  Did I mention that I loved it?!?!?!  :-)  Friends told me about it when I was in Nashville last week...I got it on my way home in the airport bookstore.

It's great...go get it and read it.  I know some people have an issue with the book and the way God is presented but I thought it was beautiful and made tons of sense.  I don't want to give too much away but I just want to put it out there.  You don't have to go get the book and read it but you'll be missing out.  It's great...it's fiction...it's beautiful.  And because of this book I have grown to love the Lord even more than before.  It will awaken a longing for Him and for Home. 


Some of the theology is kind of whacked out but if you read it with an open mind it will bless you!  I'll post more after a few weeks...I want to give you a chance to read it first!  

Love,
A.


No comments: