Friday, June 13, 2008

Victory!

The hunt for Mr. mouse is over.  He no longer lives in the apartment...he now lives in mouse heaven!  I'm so glad.  Now, I can walk into the apartment boldly and without fear.  LOL...can I be any more dramatic??  

I'm in Nashville tonight.  I leave tomorrow for Newark, NJ.  We have a show there tomorrow night and then it's back to Nashville and the search for an apartment begins.  I am super excited about living here.  I'm scared but I know this is where God wants me right now so I'm good.  I am praying that I find the place He has already set aside for me.  I am looking on Monday and Tuesday so if you could keep me in your prayers those two days I would greatly appreciate it!  I don't want to pay a ridiculous amount but I do want to have a safe place with plenty of room for me and my things.  I have a lot of stuff!  

Today was a really hard day.  I had to attend the funeral of an amazing man whose life was cut way too short.  We have know this family for many many years and they have been amazing friends to my family.  Harold Johns went to be with Jesus on Monday morning after battling cancer for the last several months.  His death was sudden...they fully expected him to recover and win the fight.  He and his wife Freddie had one of the most amazing and powerful marriages I have ever seen.  They spent almost 40 years together and loved each other deeply.  They also have three boys...Randy, Russell, and Ryan.  I am so proud of the way they spoke about and remembered their father and husband today.  Our family sang...the whole family...minus mom who was sick.  It was so hard to see the pain they feel and will feel for many years to come.  But one thing Harold left us with that will last for generations to come is an powerful legacy.  He left three men that will impact the world just as much or more than he did.  All three are men of high standards and excellent character.   I am extremely proud of them!  Please pray for the Johns family as well the next few weeks.  I can't even wrap my mind around the pain that losing my dad would bring.  And if you don't tell the people that matter to you how much they mean to you...how much you love and value them...please tell them!  Because life can be taken so suddenly.  

I don't know how people go thru life without Jesus.  I don't know how people cope with the everyday,  much less the death of a loved one, without the love of the Father.  It would almost be impossible to handle without the hope of heaven.  Thank you, LORD, that in death we are victorious.  Harold could have fully recovered from cancer.  He could have shared his story of healing and given every ounce of glory to the King of Kings...and he would have.  But God decided that He couldn't live another day without his warrior...his son...his prize.  So Harold received the ultimate healing...as so many of our loved ones have...and now sits at the feet of Jesus.  Now if that's not Victory...I don't know what is!



 

1 comment:

Michawn said...

Wow, I had no idea. How sad, but so true...great victory. Exciting for Mr. Harold, that's for sure. They will be in my prayers for sure.